What is a cookie?
One Cookies is a text file harmless that is stored in your browser when you visit almost any website. The usefulness of the Cookies is the website to be able to remember your visit next time you browse that page. Although many people do not know the Cookies have been in use since 20 years old, when they were the first browsers for the World Wide Web.
What IS NOT a cookie?
It is not a virus, or a Trojan, UN gusano, ni spam, ni spyware, or open pop-up windows.
What information do you store a Cookies?
The Cookies not often store sensitive information about you, as credit card or bank details, photographs, your ID or personal information, etc. The data stored including technical, personal preferences, personalizing content, etc.
The web server does not associate you as a person if your web browser. In fact, If you regularly browse with Internet Explorer and try to browse the same site with Firefox or Chrome will see that the web does not realize that you are the same person because you are actually linking to browser, not the person.
What kind of Cookies there?
- Cookies techniques: They are the most basic and allow, among other things, know when you are browsing a human or an automated application, When an anonymous user navigates and one registered, basic tasks for running any dynamic web.
- Cookies analysis: They collect information on the type of navigation being done, sections you use most, Find a product, timeslot of Use, language, etc.
- Cookies advertising: Display advertising based on your browsing, their country of origin, language, etc.
What are Cookies own and those of third?
The cookies propias are generated by the current page and third are generated by external service providers such as Facebook or, Twitter, Google, etc.
What happens if I turn off the Cookies?
To understand the scope that can be disabling Cookies shows some examples:
- You may not share content of this site on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- The website can not adapt content to your personal preferences, as often happens in online shops.
- You can not access the staff area that web, such as My account, the My Profile the My orders.
- Online Stores: It will be impossible to buy online, will be calling or visiting the physical store if you have one.
- It will not be possible to customize your geographic preferences as slot, currency or language.
- The website can not perform web analytics about visitors and web traffic, making it difficult to be competitive web.
- You can not write on the blog, You can not upload photos, post comments, assess or rate content. The web may not know whether you are a human or an automated application that publishes spam.
- No advertising may show sectored, which will reduce the web advertising revenue.
Is it possible to eliminate Cookies?
Yes. Not only remove, also block, general or particular to a specific domain.
To remove Cookies a website should go to your browser settings and there you can find the associated domain in question and proceed to the elimination.
Configuring Cookies for most browsers polulares
Here's how to access a Cookies Browser determined Chrome. Note: These steps may vary depending on the browser version:
- Go to Settings or Preferences using the File menu or by clicking the icon customization that appears at the top right.
- You will see different sections, click the option Show Advanced Options.
- Vaya a Privacy, Content setting.
- Choose All Cookies and data sites.
- A list will appear with all Cookies domain sorted. To make it easier to find Cookies enter a specific domain or part of the address in the field Buscar cookies.
- After making this filter one or more lines to appear on the screen Cookies Requested Site. Now just select it and press the X to proceed to the elimination.
To access the configuration Cookies Browser Internet Explorer follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Vaya a Tools, Internet Options
- Click on Privacy.
- Move the slider to adjust the level of privacy you want.
To access the configuration Cookies Browser Firefox follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Vaya a Options the Preferences by operating system.
- Click on Privacy.
- In Record choose Use custom settings for history.
- Now you will see the option Aceptar cookies, You can enable or disable according to your preferences.
To access the configuration Cookies Browser Safari for OSX follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Vaya a Preferences, later Privacy.
- Here you will see the option Bloquear cookies to fit the type of lock to perform.
To access the configuration Cookies Browser Safari for iOS follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Vaya a Settings, later Safari.
- Vaya a Privacy and Security, you will see the option Bloquear cookies to fit the type of lock to perform.
To access the configuration Cookies browser for devices Android follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Run the browser and press Menu, later Settings.
- Vaya a Security and Privacy, you will see the option Aceptar cookies to check or uncheck.
To access the configuration Cookies browser for devices Windows Phone follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Abra Internet Explorer, later Most, later Configuration
- Now you can toggle the box Permitir cookies.